Visit the picturesque fishing villages of Volendam and Marken in 1 day. Walk, cycle or take the bus and map out your own route, at your own pace. The old fishing village of Volendam is known for its lively harbor, green wooden houses, eel, traditional costumes and Dutch artists. You will encounter all this beauty when you visit the harbor of this famous village! A visit to Volendam is not complete without visiting Bakkerij Wolters (including tasting) and the CheeseFactory (including tasting)! When you are ready, you will leave for the other village in this tour: Marken. This used to be on an island, but nowadays you can visit this peninsula very easily: step on the Marken Express boat across the Markermeer and enjoy the view from harbor to harbor! Here we offer, among other things, access to the viewing house in Marken: a typical Marken house with original furnishings from around 1940! A visit to the clog factory in Marken is also definitely worth it: it recently has the only steam powered clog making machine. Lunch menu in Marken at tavern de Visscher:
- Fish: Salmon salad with smoked eel, smoked mackerel, smoked salmon and shrimp. Served with warm bread
- Meat: Tomato soup and warm baked bread with old Beemster cheese and coarse mustard sauce and farmer's bread with seasonal croquette
- Vega: Tomato soup with smoked avocado burger, grilled tomato, salad and barbecue sauce
Reservations You must make a reservation online prior to your visit. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click here for the website
- Select a date
- Pick a time
- Choose the number of tickets
- Click on 'Book now'
- Click on 'I have a discount code' and then on 'Redeem' (repeat this step if you want to redeem multiple vouchers within one reservation)
- Click on 'Place order'
- Fill in the requested information and click on 'Payment'
- You will receive an e-ticket by email. This e-ticket, together with the voucher(s), is your entrance ticket. Take both with you on the reserved date to the Info Point in Volendam
Accessibility Consult Google Maps for the exact route from your departure point and for the current departure and travel times. For more information on the website of Tours & Tickets.